Re: Student teacher

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 16:39:42 PDT

"The university prepared them well on campus."

The key is whether or not the university has prepared them properly. I too
am still in contact with a couple of my student teachers, but a couple were
real doozies. I recommend interviewing them if possible (my school allows
us to, sometimes), and ask a few important questions....in my case I ask
them to tell me what the elements and principles of design are, and can they
explain what sequential learning blocks mean. On the high school level I am
not interested in someone who just strings together projects because they
like working in clay, or they like linoleum. My students work in those media
as well, but for a rhyme and a reason.

San D

---