Re: job offer as itinerant teacher

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 07:27:51 PDT

I teach 5 elementary classes in the morning and HS/MS in the afternoon -
that's 35 classes a week. Each elementary class meets for 25 minutes twice a
week. I don't know how I would squeeze in another class a day - it would be
tough. If you decide to take the job would it even be possible to teach at
one school for a semester and then the other so you wouldn't have the travel
time? I would be more concerned with the budget than the workload. I receive
$1400 for my K-12 program, and if the high school students didn't pay $10 a
semester there would be alot of projects I would have to drop from my
curriculum.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids