Re: [ArtsEducators] possible virus

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 07:17:32 PDT

Michelle, if you have up-to-date virus protection and you have run it to
insure that you don't have any viruses then you can relax. This new Klez
virus is set up so that a computer who has the virus not only sends itself
out to others in the address book, but it also sends itself out as being
from someone in that address book. Does that make any sense? IOW, I have
gotten those messages in my "artkids" e-mail account at Yahoo. I have not
e-mailed anyone from that account for over 6 weeks if not longer, yet
according to the messages I have been sending out the virus. Which means
that the way Klez virus is set up, someone who e-mailed that account has the
virus and is sending it out, is also sending out the virus under my account
name. It always sends out 2 copies. At first I panicked everytime I got the
notice, but I have my virus scan set to run daily and I don't open ANY
attachments.
~Michal

> If you receive an e-mail from me with an attachment that says "hi,
congratulations" or something to that effect in the subject line, don't open
it. I have been getting tons of returned mail from addresses in my address
book that I didn't send messages to as well as those I've never seen. Just
in case, don't open any messages with attachments from me until I figure out
what is going on. I hope I didn't give anyone a virus! Sorry if I
! -Michelle