Re: summer reading

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 20:41:27 PDT

I'm currently reading "Of Time and Change, a memoir" by
Frank Waters. Yes, he is the author of "Book of the Hopi".
This book is an easy read and a first hand account of many
of the rugged individuals who populated or visited Taos,
New Mexico in the early to mid 20th century.

Some of the characters you experience through Waters eyes
are; Mabel Dodge Luhan and her Husband Tony Lujan as well as
Leon Gaspard, Dorothy Brett, D.H. and Frieda Lawrence.
My painting buddy Phil recommended the book while we were
painting in Taos earlier this month. It is essential reading if
you have an interest in the Southwest, especially Taos.

                                                Woody in KC

I'm back from Taos and Chicago and plan to stay home and
paint the month of July. But, first I'm taking the triplets to
the Zoo in Omaha tomorrow.

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com