Re: Job security ...and tough districts

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 20:25:04 PDT

I had a really great administrator, I know, but he knew that I would know
things and that the kids would talk in my room--not always with me but
certainly with each other around me..and I often was the only one on the
staff that knew what was happening. Not always tho, because of my own
innate
stupidity!! but anyway, he would come and ask me what I knew. His
personal goal was not just to "bust" kids but to prevent problems before
they got out of hand and he was glad to have my input. I would go it him
with information like I hear that so and so is going to steal booze from
his parents and have a giant party at such and such--or somebody is
talking about how they're going to kick someone's butt etc. HE could act
on it or ignore it, but at least he was warned in advance. I'm so sorry to
read about some of the paranoid "small man complex" attitudes of so many
of your principals. I think we should all work together to help the kids.
Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #