Re: summer reading

---------

From: Fran Marze (fmaiu+_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 15:59:23 PDT

I just finished reading A CAT'S EYE by Margaret ATwood. Quite a good book,
I thought. It highlights a 50 something artist who is having a
retrospective in her native Toronto. She now lives in Western Canada. It
goes back in her mind to her childhood during WWII and right after. Great
images of the paintings and for anyone my age or so, wonderful
recollections of things from the main character's 40's childhood.Parts are
sad about the relationship of friendships (and not so friendly things) but
very good.

I took the suggestion to read First Counsel and so far it is good.

We can get books (best sellers) at local library and keep for one week
with an option of renewing for a week. Other good reads for summer: jack
Higgins EDGE OF DANGER, Dean Koontz Out of the Corner of his eye (might
not be exact title) Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver.

I need to resubscribe soon as this account with Pitt will dry up in a few
days if not sooner. Any suggestions as to an account?

Fran

---