Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Leonardo da image

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 11:09:27 PDT

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
art webpage -

Hi I have been reading a very thick bography of Leonardo Da vinci. I Have
done a few things with him before as an artist. If you were developing a
whole unit on him what things would you bee sure to include? I want to see
if I am on the right track with my ideas?

What I found really fascinating is the possibility of Leonardo painting his
own face in the Mona Lisa. There is a woman who digitally flipped one of
Leo's self-portraits and it aligns almost perfectly with the Mona Lisa. This
is an older link and I'm not sure if it's still hot but you can try it.

Don't know what age you teach but the older kids might get fascinated too.