Leonardo da Vinci...digital image

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 11:09:27 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

Hi I have been reading a very thick bography of Leonardo Da vinci. I Have
done a few things with him before as an artist. If you were developing a
whole unit on him what things would you bee sure to include? I want to see
if I am on the right track with my ideas?

What I found really fascinating is the possibility of Leonardo painting his
own face in the Mona Lisa. There is a woman who digitally flipped one of
Leo's self-portraits and it aligns almost perfectly with the Mona Lisa. This
is an older link and I'm not sure if it's still hot but you can try it.

http://library.thinkquest.org/13681/data/link2.htm

Don't know what age you teach but the older kids might get fascinated too.
Toodles....Bunki

---