Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Louisiana art teachers

From: Carl and Claudine Groth (groth_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 17:18:20 PDT

In Shreveport there is the Norton Art Gallery - fine tapestries and original Audubons. Also they have Sciport a hands on Science museum. In Monroe about 90 miles east there is the Biedenharn Bible Research Center- they always have something interesting on exhibit, plus some rare bibles and the home is very elegant, the grounds are splendid. Shreveport used to have a butterfly exhibit down near the river. And if your interested Barksdale Air Force Base has a museum filled with memorabilia from WWI and WWII. Of these suggested onle the Sicport has a fee the last time I went. Check to see some of these might even have web pages. There is also a Children's Museum in Monroe, it's new and I haven't been there. Enjoy your visit. C Blakey formerly of Monroe.