Re: FINALLY!

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 14:26:42 PDT

>> Holly,
>>
>> Go home , veg for a week, sleep, lounge in your pajamas, drink coffee,
>> read the paper, take long baths, have the house clean by 10:00 AM, work
>> on your own art things, go visit family, make all the local garage sales,
>> chat with us online more (reading your mail that is),........
>>
>> Anyone want to add to this.

I'll ad to this
play with your kids, your mate, your pets
sleep
go on the internet just for your own fun
sleep late
cook cook cook
bake bake bake
weed the garden
don't wash your face or brush your teeth 'til after you've thoroughly read
the paper -- a real paper not some on-line headline
read read read all those books and magazines that have piling up

be lazy
and remember what is most important in your life

I went to the liquor store today to get the fixings for Margaritas. The
clerk knows that I am a teacher. She asked how my vacation is going (only
been out a week) I couldn't stop smiling. She understood by saying she
would never want to be a teacher. This is the first summer in 10 years that
I am not writing curriculum or taking courses or accepting phone calls from
school. I feel great for the first time in that long.

I know how we all labor and extend ourselves and give and give and give. I
am only giving to myself this summer. I want to go back feeling rested and
energized because I spent time on me. I will not agonize over "shoulds" and
"have-tos" this summer. I want to go back with all my mind set to be the
creative, energizing teacher I used to be. Already today I got more ideas
for things to do than all last year because my head is relaxed and open and
not filed with obligations.

I think that's the best thing we can all do for our kids. Come back loving
yourself and loving the art you produce and it will come across to them.
Don't worry --the lessons will come -you don't have to spend your summer
making plans.

just imagine ideas what might come from reading a good book instead of
pouring over internet sites.
Remember how you used to get ideas before all this.

Holly, we know how stressful your time has been this year.
Take the break you will most enjoy.

Patty

---