Re: publishing anywhere

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 13:25:48 PDT

HI all
I am not an expert about publishing , but I sure learned from my first experience
getting an article published this year in School Arts. I rewrote the article
about 4 times and even with that had it proofread by 4 people- 3 of them English
teachers from my school. They all had different ideas. My first set of photos
sent in were not good enough ,but they liked the article so just asked me to
retake them.
I have to say I had minimal editing. Maybe the length of the article just worked
out ok.
You are right about the pay being low, but it was just thrill to see it
published! I sure didn't write it with money in mind. Summer is a good time to
start writing, because once the school year starts there is no time ( for me
anyhow).
MaryB

Pablo90512@aol.com wrote:

> Getting something published is not all that difficult. Following School Arts
> guidlines, I wrote and submitted two articles. I was surprised when they
> were both accepted and published one year later. A couple things: They
> severely edit the work.

---