Fw: Re: Molas-- web links I have on hand

---------

From: The Whites (bolide_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 12:34:39 PDT

 Molas are works of art created by the women of the Central American Cuna
(or Kuna) tribe, of the San Blas Islands in Panama. They are made using an
appliqué process referred to as "reverse appliqué". Several layers of cloth
varying in color are loosely stitched together. Fine-tipped scissors are
used to cut the top layers. The cut edges are folded back and stitched to
the layer below.
Indigenous Art Of Panama:
http://www.panart.com/
The Art of Being Kuna (great site!)
http://www.conexus.si.edu/kuna/
Mola Gallery:
http://www.panart.com/mola_gallery.htm
Mola Market Place
http://members.aol.com/molamrkt/molasite2/
Mola's International Gallery:
http://www.molasinternational.com/
Folk Art Exchange (commercial site--but lots of ideas)
http://www.folkart.com/swenty-3/
http://www.folkart.com/panama/kuna/grey/
Molas (from About.com) Links for buying Molas do not work
http://quilting.about.com/hobbies/quilting/library/weekly/aa072297.htm

---