Re: Art rewards for junior high

---------

From: Sue Freeland (sudz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 07:49:09 PDT

Susan & All,
I observe the class as they come into the room and then give them a score
0-5 on the blackboard
if they get a "5" they earn a snack day for the following day. Snack Day is
just a small non disruptive non-greasy snack or soda which can be consumed
while still working and without bothering other students. This way it does
not cost me anything to reward them. I can total the scores for the month
and but lollipops for the best class which also isn't meuch but I find they
appreciate the snacks much more esp. the 6th graders who no longer have
recess now that they are in the middle school.
Hope this helps,
Sue