Homemade play dough

---------

From: Gordon (emgordon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 23:49:37 PDT

Hi all.. here is my question.. i have the last day of summer school coming
up and i need to do a project with homemade play dough... anybody have a
recipe that is tried and true... I found 4 different ones.... some that are
cooked, one that is not.. I teach ceramics to kids and parents from 3-16..
the kids that is... and the last day we cannot fire so i am looking for a
fun activity that can show them that they can still have fun with"clay" at
home......
Once you make stuff from this homemade playdough do you bake it in the
toaster oven ... what temp how long or do you let it air dry.. the
directionsare how to make play dough not how to "fire" it after you have
made something..anybody have thoughts on that?
        For the older kids i found a recipe for silly putty.. tried making
it tonight... so far so good... just have to wait till sunday to try and
lift the comics...lol

the recipe for that is 1 cup elmers glue.. i used ross
                                 1 cup of liquid starch.. you mix the
starch into the glue slowly until you have a rubbery mass and then add your
food coloring.... i used more starch than 1 cup but the mass is definitly
rubbery and does not stick to my fingers.....so we shall see come
sunday....

thanks so much in advance for your replies.. this list and the talent on it
is a wonderful thing...
I love to hear the stories about what it is like to be on the front line of
teaching.. makes me realize we are all in it together ....

Kathleen Gordon
Palo Alto, Ca 94301
650-328-9164
fax 650-328-9113
email:kjgordon1@homail.com

"if things seem under control then you are not going fast enough!"
Mario Andretti

---