Conference days......

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 22:52:33 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
> I am planning on attending my first NAEA conference in March and wanted to
> get some feedback as to what are the best days to attend. I know a lot
> depends on what the schedule is and all, But, are more things scheduled
> for the weekend? Toward the beginning or end? "Enquiring minds want to
> know"> Clark
********************

You'll thoroughly enjoy it. You can make it as fast-paced as you want. There
is something going on EVERY minute and oftentimes you'll have to make a
choice between 2-3 things you'll want to see at one time. And if you, for
some unusual reason, do NOT find something you like, you can ALWAYS venture
into the vendors' booths. You'll want to be there from day 1 right to the
end. Hope you've made your reservations already. We usually make them the
day we get there for the following year. It gets booked up fast.

The sessions go on from the morning of the first day of the conference to 12
noon/1:00 the last day. I've found after attending 4 conferences that every
day is as fabulous as the next. Weekends aren't any more fabulous than the
weekdays.

Try to attend a couple of paid workshops at least so you can just relax and
DO art with a group of other art teachers. Those are my favorite times.

Plan on packing light in your giant suitcase because you'll be wanting to
take home alot of goodies....especially if you're a first-time attendee
(it's a ritual we all go through...hee, hee).

Make sure you get your Artsednet badge (however they'll be handed out this
year...usually from Judy Nagel at SAX) so you'll be recognized by us all at
the conference. Many of us get together informally while there. Many of us
on this listserv don't know each other by face but it's so comforting to
know you already have friends when you get there and meet. I feel sorry for
those people who aren't on this listserv yet and don't know anyone when
they go! Toodles....Bunki

---