Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Great art in Michigan

From: Jean Gallagher (jeanalice2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 19:27:19 PDT

Fellow artists and teachers,
    I just returned from a wonderful mini-art-vacation. I visited the
Frederick Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, MI and viewed the DaVinci
horse sculpture..24 feet tall. The gardens are full of wonderful
sculptures, a great many by Marshall Fredericks. Also, at the Gerald
Ford Museum a display of Presidential Portraits, on loan from the
    Very inspiring.....if you are anywhere close to the west side of the
state of Michigan, take in these spots. Jean in Michigan