Great art in Michigan

---------

From: Jean Gallagher (jeanalice2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 19:27:19 PDT

Fellow artists and teachers,
    I just returned from a wonderful mini-art-vacation. I visited the
Frederick Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, MI and viewed the DaVinci
horse sculpture..24 feet tall. The gardens are full of wonderful
sculptures, a great many by Marshall Fredericks. Also, at the Gerald
Ford Museum a display of Presidential Portraits, on loan from the
Smithsonian.
    Very inspiring.....if you are anywhere close to the west side of the
state of Michigan, take in these spots. Jean in Michigan

---