Homework help --here is an idea

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 09:09:19 PDT

I have my Grandpa to thank for this one. I know he is smiling down on my
now. I promised to post my Grandfather's poem to the list. I shared it with
many last year. I search all four super floppies....searched my hard drive
until if froze up....And that poem was not there. I got the message Grandpa,
I don't have to retype it now --as it is not lost (just technology failed
again).

The lesson I learned is that some kids do tell the truth when they don't
have their homework done. Give them another day...and then maybe another
day....and still another IF it is something that is really important enough
that they really should do it. You always find out which ones are lying then
and which ones just didn't want to do it.

I have a system I am going to use to reward those who DO turn it in....and
still get the others to try to get it in. Our homework lessons are very
important too.

On Grandpa's poem....Well the bottom line was one I have used before:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

I know it isn't original --but it was a nice ending to the poem. Grandfather
spoke his whole sermons in poetry....and people listened to every word. You
didn't see anyone sleeping --he was energetic about his message--preached
until he was 92. Thanks for the lesson grandpa. I will keep reading between
the lines....and think a little harder before I send e-mail.

Judy

---