Meet Howard Finster (sites listed)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 07:11:57 PDT

Thank you Carolyn! I loved this man's work. I will use him in my classes I
just wanted to say "Howdy Grandpa!" (enough said.just smile.I am practicing
K.I.S.).
http://www.finster.com/
http://www.finster.com/biography.htm
http://www.folkart.org/messenger/finster/finster.html
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~CAP/Finster/Finster1.html
http://www.fldm.com/
http://www.dlg-gallery.com/finster.html
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/1482/finster.html
http://www.finster.com/gallery.htm
http://www.frif.com/cat97/f-j/howard_f.html
http://www.bookpage.com/9605bp/nonfiction/strangerfromanotherworld.html
http://www.antonart.com/bio-fins.htm
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/gingerart2/finster-bio.html
http://www.folkart.org/messenger/easter/easterisland.html
http://www.primitivekoolart.com/finster.html
http://www.athomegallery.com/newworks.htm
http://reverend-howard-finster.artists-master-004.com/mu.html (will have to
search from the site)
and many ,many more.

I really like this quote:
"I don't even consider bein' an artist, I don't consider bein' an artist at
all. My art is visions from God. Like a fellow at this big university wanted
to know how'd I'd do all this. I said, "Do you have a computer?" He said,
"Yeah." I said, "Well, God computerizes my brain and it comes right out as
God computerizes it." I do my art direct from God."

On to do the rest of my list......I guess we need these little breaks every
now and then for reflection....cup of tea anyone?

Judy

---