Making sense of the National Standards.

---------

From: Susan Bennett (sbennett_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 21:07:53 PDT

I feel odd asking this question. I was reading the National standard the
visual art section . In the outline section in the back of the manual
starting on page 121, jumping to page 123 , what is being referred to as
structures and functions, are we speaking formal things like line, color etc
in Western art. Also does anyone have a good reference on understanding
visual symbols? Susan in Ohio