Bunki from Judy

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 18:58:27 PDT

The list.... I am getting better at saying "no"

I sent out less list related mail today....I guess I have just been
"celebrating" my freedom (ha-ha). My hacker thing (or what ever it was) has
actually been a blessing. I am limiting my time to those who have helped
me.....Of course you are on that list.

I need to get into practice of saying no (or resisting the temptation to go
out of my way to help). Next year I am going to focus more on my job at
school again. I really don't care what my administrator thinks about me. He
may call me any name now he wishes....because he obviously does not care
what I think about him (giggle). I just have to remember to hold my tongue
(around everyone). I need everyone to believe I am OVER what happened
(people talk in our building.....)

Ah yes, forgive and forget....that is me. I have an eraser (in my survival
kit). Here was one of his favorite quotes:

"Once you think you have succeeded in life --look out for those with the
erasers."

5) ERASER - To remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and
   its OK.

I am wearing my rubber band for a while. It mysteriously appeared on my
wrist last night....sure I put it there ---but I haven't a clue when I did
it.

2) RUBBER BAND - to remind you to be flexible, things might
   not always go the way you want, but it will work out.

Our band director always has a tooth pick in his mouth ...he is so easy
going --no one bothers him...nothing gets to him...

1) TOOTHPICK - to remind you to pick out the good
   qualities in others.

He didn't leave anything left for me to pick out....giggle.....Maybe I can
find something in the fall?

Hubby was actually quite proud of me for "bowing out" of many of my
commitments. I am still doing the ones I "promised" in the last two
weeks ---plus sending out more NAEA stuff when they fix the copy machine.
Mark really "gave me a talking to" about spending too much time with list
obligations. He wasn't mean -- just hurt.

Thanks for listening!

Judy

---