More on the Word (long --but worth it)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 17:53:56 PDT

I was happy to hear all of they ways you folks have used positive quotes in
your teaching......Words are powerful....and the wrong words will come back
to "haunt" you....I for one say too many words! I had to laugh out loud as I
scrolled past my own posts (yes deliberately long....my own personal
"venting".....but laughing all the way...and I have had folks tell me they
enjoy them, too). One of the messages from God has been up in the same place
for quite some time....I keep saying "I will" and "I try to"...but maybe
there is something else I can do?

That "Love thy neighbor as thyself" thing? I meant that.~ God

Now that doesn't just mean the person who lives beside us. Some folks make
it very difficult for us to love them....so I am posting help that my dear
friend Roberta sent to me:

A SURVIVAL KIT FOR EVERY DAY LIVING

 Items Needed:

 Toothpick
 Rubber Band
 Band Aid
 Pencil
 Eraser
 Chewing Gum
 Mint
 Candy Kiss
 Tea Bag

 Why???

1) TOOTHPICK - to remind you to pick out the good
   qualities in others.

2) RUBBER BAND - to remind you to be flexible, things might
   not always go the way you want, but it will work out.

3) BAND AID - to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or
   someone else's.

4) PENCIL - to remind you to list your blessings everyday.

5) ERASER - To remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and
   its OK.

6) CHEWING GUM - to remind you to stick with it and you can
   accomplish anything.

7) MINT - to remind you that you are worth a mint.

8) CANDY KISS - to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or
   a hug everyday.

9) TEA BAG - to remind you to relax daily and reflect on all
   the positive things in your life. A verbal wound is as bad
   as a physical one.

And....I even have someone to blame when I have a hard time with #1....Find
someone you know who is not bothered by what the particular person does or
says.....and then wonder why that person didn't leave anything else for you
to pick out.....Works for me.

Do not dwell on what has been done TO YOU.....but rather work on what is IN
YOU. You can only control how you react.

I am going to make some kits for my very close friends at school...OH NO...I
just added something else to my "to do" list! Change that to I might......

---