Use Caution on sites with banners

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 17:36:31 PDT

Thank you all who checked this site and found problems with it

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/literary/431/index.html

From one member:

>Judy. I liked what I saw of this site but I can't get much of it. I could
>only get one image those I could call up the lesson plans okay...but
slowly.
>Did you find the same thing?

Another member found many other errors...but I don't recall those...

I posted it to the list as an example of a server that uses banners without
the web author's approval. They do not give the web author choices of what
banners to use.....and the banners change from time to time. I found a
Fortune City site that I really liked --but it had a banner that went to a
PORNO site!!!

I wrote the web authors and they moved the site immediately to another
server. IF you like the site above---check the problems it has and e-mail
the Web author/master if it is one you want ot use...I am so sorry so many
went to so much trouble to find all of the boo-boos in it. If I had only
waited....I wouldn't have had to go through all of this apology...sigh.....I
would just have been able to tell the good news about my Ghana site:
Visit this site about Ghana: http://users.erols.com/johnston/
The Ghana site is an excellent site---they moved it to Erols at my
suggestion.

Judy

---