re: mailbox ideas

---------

From: Susan and Ben (mckmac_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 05:12:24 PDT

This reminded me of a project I did last year with middle school students.
We painted the fire doors in our elementary wing. We had a visiting artist
with us for a week and she headed up the project. We painted both sides of
the doors, one side was inside looking out, the other, outside looking in.
It was a little tricky at first, helping students understand what was going
on. Once they understood, the students really got into the varying points
of view and wanted to paint other things in the same manner.
We asked for donations for indoor acrylic house paint, and a local theater
donated a huge variety of colors.

---