Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: summer reading

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 05:31:38 PDT

I just finished Girl with A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier, as a book on
tape. I found it to be interesting, but the story is really more about a
young girl than it is about 15th century painter Vermeer and his working
habits and his art making. I recommend it. Light going with a virtuous
(although rather modern characterization) main character.