Very good site on Ghana- Africa

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 14:40:03 PDT

Getty list members:

Visit this site about Ghana: http://users.erols.com/johnston/
"This Web Page is devoted to two small communities in Northern Ghana. The
authors of this web page collectively spent six years in these West African
towns and they would like you to know more about them."

You can make a difference...through e-mail....I found a Ghana site I wanted
to use with my students --but found some offensive Fortune City banners....
I wrote to the authors and in less than 24 hours I had a reply.

> > Thank you for pointing out those offensive banners. Unfortunately,
> > the host "FortuneCity" put those banners in there w/o my
> > permission. As I have no control over FortuneCity I have taken the
> > pages off of their servers and placed them on my webspace at
> > Erols. There will be no more offensive banner on my website.

There are ways to get around these nasty things some servers are doing.....
Art teachers do have a voice. Let that voice be heard (or at least
read....LOL). You can't complain...complain...complain....unless you have
tried to do something about it. Ha-ha.

Hmmmm.... I just read this at the bottom of the page:
"Teaching Americans about other cultures through the experiences of returned
Peace Corps Volunteers.."

Judy Decker

---