RE: Phone Interview

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 19:16:52 PDT

I had never heard of phone interviews until one was offered to me at a job
fair. The AP really wanted me for the job I eventually got. Since I had
ticket on the last flight home Monday (the Job Fair was Friday evening),
they arranged for me to go to the school. The personnel office had this set
interview were they ask everyone the same questions and record it. They
didn't think they could get me scheduled for Monday and couldn't offer me a
letter of intent until it was done. Since I couldn't stay over because I had
a 9:30 am museum class that no one else was available to cover they did
offer me a phone interview. They were able to work me in, but it was a good
option since a trip back would have meant either a 7 hour drive (one way 14
hours round trip W/O leaving the state.) or a $500 plane ticket. As it is
I've got a good-sized credit card bill because of the trips, and the AC
going out on my car (Texas has three season Summer, July, and August). Now
I've got 5 weeks without a paycheck. Friday is my last day and a payday.
Then the museum owes me 3 weeks vacation pay, I was given a calendar with
pay days marked and thought I would be paid on the 15th, since we start on
the 8th of August. Turns out that the first payday of 2001 -2002 school year
is the 31st. Thank goodness I've been saving every cent I could since
January.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator