Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Rubric Templates, Curriculum

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 19:05:17 PDT

Chicago Public Schools have a good rubric site at:

For specific examples for art click on the Ideas and Rubrics link/ then
Rubrics Bank/ and then fine arts. I'm trying to work on rubrics myself this
summer. I personally like the point value system because it's easy but I'm
trying to go to more specific rubrics like what's shown at the above
web-site. There's also good examples in the "Art Teacher's book of list"
book that I use as my classroom bible.

Michelle H. Harrell
Southeast Raleigh High School
Center for Accelerated Studies
Raleigh, North Carolina

Ashley Click wrote "My personal goal for next year is to establish rubrics
for student-guided (self-motivated) grading/evaluation. Thus far, I have
been rather relaxed on grading and feel the students are not fully learning
the value of what they are doing."