Re: Seating charts

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 15:00:39 PDT

Jayna wrote:
> Does anyone else besides me absolutely loathe seating charts?

Me...I despise making seating charts.

I'd rather for them to come in, sit where they want to...and that way, I
find out generally where they SHOULDN'T be sitting or who they shouldn't sit
beside...but as long as they work where they are seated and there are no
problems, I don't have a problem with where they sit.

I teach high school, but I did the same thing in middle school. The
students used to tell me that I was the only teacher there that DIDN'T make
seating charts for them. They were usually pretty well behaved because they
didn't want me to move them. So...it worked for me...and worked for them.

As teachers, we all just have to find out what works better for each of us
individually. I find that each classroom setting is different, each class
of students is different. What works for me in one class, may not work in
another...

Carolyn Roberts

---