RE: Phone Interview

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 14:49:07 PDT

All businesses play fast and loose with the interview process.
It's the candidate that makes the impression that gets the job in the long
run. I am in the position of interviewing and there is no way I would
consider a phone interview, especially as a screening process.

There used to be such a thing as "interview etiquette." Now I see
candidates show up for interviews wearing jeans!
Next, are you going to ask me not to check your references?

When the situation is that there are an abundance of applicants for an
opening, then I feel, it is the applicants initiative that makes the
impression.

Don't take it for grated that jobs are posted and a sub or part time person
has the inside track. It's exactly the opposite in my district.

I'm an old-timer. I worked my tail off to be the best in every interview I
ever had, and believe me I am the queen of job interviews. It its not the
employer's responsibility to make it easy or convenient. What do you think
competitive means?

Patty

---