Re: seating

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 14:32:14 PDT

> like Ken, I have large high school art class numbers (34, 33, 30) and
> teach out a shared "regular" room. I have 7 tables which seat 4 - 6
> students. As students must sit on both sides of the table, "circle"
> or "square" patterns are not ideal. Some of these students are
> football-player size & book bags add to the crowding. I have
> embarrassed myself on several occasions by tripping over them.
> Christene in Nova Scotia

A good solution to the hazard of book bags in the floor, causing people to
trip over them...is to buy an inexpensive set of book shelves ($30 at
Wal-Mart), put close to the entrance, and require students to leave their
book bags there...or have a place near the door where they can put them on
the floor.

Usually, there is room under their table, but they just don't get the book
bags that far. I tell them if I trip over one...out in the hall it goes.
Carolyn Roberts

---