Re: Power point presentations

---------

From: Artsmentor (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 08:43:54 PDT

Power Point....

I've been enjoying the program quite a bit, and especially when you use
Photoshop to create, enhance, and edit images.

The sounds and effects are appropriate for young people, as they seem to
enjoy them. However, I am at this time working on an entire demonstration
series (call it an art book on CD), for adults, that will feature about 14
painting demonstrations, outings...plein air style, etc; I will be
marketing these on my online site very soon, and in galleries. For such,
the sounds and "anything" that takes time loading will be seen as obnoxious
and a wasting of time.

I was a registered member of "idrive.com" which I predicted would soon give
way to a paid site, which it has. It is now "xdrive.com" and costs only
about $4.95 per month. What you can do on this site is upload your entire
photoshop presentation....thus, if you traveled somewhere and were asked to
give a talk, etc., as long as you had a laptop, or a computer set up for you
with a projector....you could present your presentation. Our Spanish
teacher here in an isolated logging community district, working on a masters
degree...did this, and easily called it up for presentation at the
university she drives to on Friday afternoons.

I'm thinking...down the road when more and more art teachers become
versatile and computer/media savvy, that it would be worth "as" teachers to
pay this monthly fee or even budget for it. In this way....teachers could
share presentations. You can establish "account friends" at "idrive" or
"xdrive"...thus, think of the wealth of resources available, and potentially
available in the near future!

Larry Seiler
http://www.artsmentor.org

---