Re: artsednet digest: June 23, 2001

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 07:41:09 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Teslow" <rteslow@blakeschool.org>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"

(snippet)
. . . In either sector good educators will make a difference, especially
> in secondary education. Keep your job in the higher ed., continue you
> writing and exhibition and make a difference where ever you end up.

Dear Robert,

Could you please expound upon this statement? Good educators are important
at every level, and in every type of school. I believe a poor primary
education can inhibit success for the rest of a child's educational career,
so it is very important to have good teachers at that level. Once a student
loves to learn, a bad teacher can't ruin that, the student will learn on
his or her own.

Leah

p.s. I have noticed, and you can see it on this list, that middle school
teachers are often the most enthusiastic teachers, with great senses of
humor. I don't think it's a coincidence that these fun, energetic teachers
flock to that "special" middle population!

---