Re: artsednet digest: June 23, 2001

---------

From: Y.R. Brown (imaniyo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 20:57:40 PDT

Artsednetters:

Those person that posted the query regarding attaining a BFA or MFA via
correspondence might check Goddard College in Plainfield VT. They offer a
college without walls program with a short residency requirement. You would
have to attend a 5-7 day residency, which purpose is to allow you to
interface with a teacher, which they call advisors and to prepare and
discuss a study plan. The study plan is a personal syllabus and
pedagological contract of sorts that you make with yourself and the advisor.
  The advisors usually advise 5-15 folks each semester. The school is not
conservative or homogeneous, and it will undoubtedly be one of the most
amazing educational experiences you'll embark on. I finished my BFA there
and also a comparative literature degree. Plainfield is about an hour from
Burlington VT and less than an half hour from the capital-Montpelier. The
total bonus of the school is you can get to the Ben & Jerry's company in
about an hour or less. :-)!!!!!

I graduated from there in 1995 and in 1997 went to Miami University for my
M.A. in Art Education.

Good Luck,
Yolanda