Re: Classroom setup: Rows vs Groups

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 19:13:15 PDT

In a message dated 6/22/01 11:07:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Potterpainter@aol.com writes:

> I am wondering if I put the tables in
> rows and not group them, if this would help the students concentrate and
cut

> down on discipline problems.

I have 6 foot and 8 foot tables and have them set up in a U shape around 3
sides of the room so that they do not get too conversational. I do not have
students facing each other at these tables. All sit along the perimeter.I
have 2 smaller tables inside the U for 4 students. Everyone has a clear view
of my demo table. I like this also for still life set ups which I can do
inside the U tables.
Marsha

---