Re: looking for the best IMac CD burner.......

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 17:38:46 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
> Before you get one make sure that your iMac has a Firewire port. If it does
> then get a firewire writer. It will write CDs much faster. I have been using
> a Que Drive and it is excellent. Their url is www.qps-inc.com
>
> The other thing to check is what software does the drive come with. I have
> used Toast and recommend it.
>
> Harold
******************

Thank you, Harold!!!! I'm sure I have a firewire port. I looked at the Sony
Que the other day but they didn't have any unopened boxes and I didn't want
to buy used so didn't get it. Thank you also for including the url. I'll
check into REAL soon.

I have another question you might help with. Do you know of any software to
use with the CD burner where you can set up a menu of sorts on the CD (kind
of like webpages) for diff. aspects of your CD? Carolyn and I made some CDs
with her burner but all we could do was to plop in the folders and that
doesn't look very professional. I know there is some software out there that
does this...like DIRECTOR something...but don't have the first clue how to
find it. Do you? Toodles.....Bunki

---