Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Classroom setup: Rows vs Groups

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 15:27:12 PDT

I prefer to set up those long tables in a square,
leaving space between some so you can get in between
them. I do demos in the center. Let the students only
sit on the outside of the square, so you can stand in
the center and see everyone all the time. No backs of
heads. Works like a charm for getting their attention
and keeping the socializing to a minimum.

Do You Yahoo!?