old clay for plaster molds?

---------

From: Anna N. (anna_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 14:18:25 PDT

Hi there,
I hope everyone is on vacation, and enjoying it!

I have quite a bit of scrappy old regular earthenware clay. I'm wondering
if it will work for plaster molds. I jsut thought of it today as I'm
finishing up some plans for a 3-D class I'm starting tomorrow (so I can't
try it today, it's all at work). I've used terracotta for it before I
think. Just packed the wet clay into a cup/container and made the mold
then poured in the plaster let it set and pop it out.

Does this sound good? What else do you use for plaster molds (cheap)?
Any tips? Thanks a bizillion.

Anna

---