New search engine -- Navajo pottery lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 10:06:52 PDT

I just got this other "new to me " search engine from BJ Berquist....
http://www.teoma.com/ It has some different features -- sorts to give
"authoritative sites" (good for student research projects).

I did the same search (High School Art Curriculum)---and found another great
site on the Arizona Art Curriculum ....On their site was this lesson plan on
Navajo Pottery that may interest you folks:
http://artswork.asu.edu/AAERC/Learning_the_Arts/Pottery.html

BJ's Back Flip book marks page is a great resource of sites for Art
Educators---all of you new to the list folks should check it out:
http://www.backflip.com/members/bjberquist

I found lots of good stuff the other day and I haven't even "tapped in"
(watch for BJ's upcoming posts for TAPPED IN) to all of resources...I lost
the files of sites I saved ---but I know where to find them all
again....Check out all of the work that is already done for you.

This is just too funny....just as I was writing this, a message came back
from BJ ---see below

From BJ:
>Have you tried Backflip yet? It's a great place to stash those
>bookmarks until you get time to look at them..and you won't lose them if
>your computer goes down. Take a look at http://www.backflip.com You
>can even add a button to your toolbar and just click the button when you
>want to backflip a page. If you don't make the pages public, you are
>the only one who has access to them.

Well.... I have goofed off enough for today....I honor of all of you folks
who still had to teach these last couple weeks ---I held off cleaning my
room....sort of my tribute to those who still had to teach.....Now I MUST go
finish cleaning my room. (If I don't--hummocks and all will be piled out in
the hallway for floor cleaning tomorrow). I have just been in "summer mode"
since the day I checked out....Jeannie and I were going to have a contest to
see who could procrastinate the longest....I haven't heard how she is
doing...She thought she would win....we shall see. Watch for the latest
update in the "J&J cleaning saga"....we are truly sisters.

Judith D.

---