Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Art and science integration -- my challenge to you

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 06:07:50 PDT

We need to put our creative minds together....Perhaps we can come up with
names for our programs that will get the skeleton into Janealla'a art room
(where she rightly deserves to be)?.....If home economics is now "Family and
Consumer Science" --- What can art be called to elevate it to its proper
place in the hierarchy of education? Some have already been named in time
"Archaeology" is a science and social science....and art --so that has been

Janealla wrote:
>We have a human skeleton in our bio lab, also, and I invited her to the
>Room, but the bio teacher refused to allow that. She said the body was
>donated to science, and she felt very protective--felt it should be used
>science only. Wonder how she thinks bio texts get illustrated?

Scientific illustration/medical illustration are art careers. I had a
student who got a degree in medical illustration a number of years ago.

"How great thou art" might not work either...that might just put us too high
up on the we can think that if we want.

OK....I hope someone has a good name out there. I have thought about this
before and just couldn't come up with a catchy one.