purple house and a big elephant

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 05:24:06 PDT

I grew up in Margate NJ where they have Lucy the Elephant. She's a five
story building that used to be used in selling real estate. There's a
spiral staircase in her back right leg. You can go up to the top where
there is a howdah and look at the view. She later was converted to a hotel
and then a museum. Now she's a tourist attraction. They actually moved her
down the street a few blocks to a new location in the 1970's. I've been up
to the howdah many times.

Sky

---