Re: high numbers next September

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 21:26:25 PDT

You're absolutely right ! But in my case I have 1 high school art class per
day (2 different sessions as we are on block). So if a student wants to take
more than 1 year of art I have to have them during my scheduled high school
class. So I end up with Art 1-4 in the same class (at one point last year I
had 34 kids in one period (that is 1/4 of our entire high school! Wonder
what all the other teachers were doing!) I often wonder how all of you other
teachers do it - teaching one curriculum at a time! :-)
~Michal

Just think about teachers of other areas teaching Spanish 1, 2 and 3
> in the same class. Or a teacher teaching two history classes or two math
> classes at the same time. It would never happen in my high school. But
art
> teachers do it all the time. I hate to turn away the kids. I've even had
> kids come after school who had full schedules who wanted to take my class
if
> they were self starters and it was an advanced class. Eileen

---