Re: summer reading???

---------

From: Teri Brudnak (tbrudnak_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 17:47:59 PDT

Hi group,
Glad to be back at the list serve!!
On the topic of summer reading:

"The Rape of Europa" very exciting but dense with facts, names
places---chronicles the theft and recovery of art during WW II.

Fank Herbert's "Dune" and all the books in the Dune series---I'm
thinking of Pascual!
I never get tired of reading about "plans within plans and the
diabolical baron vs the scheming reverend mothers. There was a spoof
book (can't remeber the title) written about Dune that is hilarious (if
you are a fan.)

Another book by Frank Herbert "The White Plague" very scary....gives
Stephen King a run for his money.

For some tropical Caribbean humor: "Easy in the Islands" collection of
hilarious short stories.

Didn't have time to look up all authors but a quick visit to Amazon will
get you the rest of the info...

Today is my first day of vacation--YAY!!

Teri

---