Peace - adding to Vivian's links

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 10:47:15 PDT

Hi all...I am sending out my own little "ripple" (have a smile Vivian). I am
playing with my "new toy" http://vivisimo.com/ You can click to "open in a
new window" too --I like that feature. Some of these are very good for the
little ones---some are more for upper level/high school. Check before you
use with kiddies.

The Art of Peace (I liked many of the quotes form this)
http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/users/paloma/Aikido/artpeace.html
Morihei Ueshiba (1883-1969) was history's greatest martial artist. He was
the founder of Aikido, which can be translated as "The Art of Peace."
Morihei Ueshiba is referred to by the practitioners of Aikido as O-Sensei,
"The Great Teacher". The following quotations have been compiled from
O-Sensei's collected talks, poems, and calligraphy, and from oral tradition.
http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/users/paloma/Aikido/artpeace.html
One quote:
The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed task
in the Art of Peace. Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that
can be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here for
no other purpose than to realize your inner divinity and manifest your
innate enlightenment. Foster peace in your own life and then apply the Art
to all that you encounter.

Cyber Peace Gallery http://cerritos.cyberme.com/

Peace Bridge: http://www.ccr.buffalo.edu/peacebridge.htm "The Peace Bridge
is many things to many people. For tourists visiting the Niagara Region, the
Peace Bridge serves as a friendly crossing to historic and rich destinations
on both sides of the U.S. and Canadian borders."

Global Children's Art Gallery http://www.naturalchild.com/gallery/

New Routines Peace Project
http://www.homestead.com/newroutines/statement.html
http://www.homestead.com/newroutines/earthpeace.html

Megiddo Peace Project http://www-personal.umich.edu/~megiddo/

The Fin Project (sculpture by John Young)
http://faculty.washington.edu/jtyoung/fins.html

Artwork by Terrance McKillip (definitely shows inspirations from "Sacred
Circles" - Mandalas) http://www.artstann.com/gallery1.html

Peace Matters http://www.augsburg.edu/peace/index.html
http://www.augsburg.edu/peace/gallery2.html (student work)

Peace Gallery North http://www.npcc.bc.ca/gallery/index.html while not
necessarily a gallery for peace-it does have one nice example. (North Peace
culture Center)

Peace posters - Sami Sunchild's Peace Posters are available in the Red
Victorian's gallery of peace arts (Example to spark kids' ideas)
http://www.redvic.com/peaceposters1rv.html
http://www.redvic.com/peaceposters2rv.html

A choice of alternative: Rage and Resolution
http://interart.co.il/alternatives/ Kol Ha-Isha Women's Center-
Israel
"A Choice of Alternatives" implies the possibility of leaving one situation
and choosing another, extricating oneself from distress and heading
courageously toward a better future. Resigning oneself to violence is the
path to decline and self-destruction. Not resigning oneself, though
acknowledging the evil that exists. is the first step toward the light at
the end of the tunnel."

Roy Lichtenstein "Peace through Chemistry"
http://www.reynoldahouse.org/peacechm.htm (this would be an interesting
piece to research.).

If anyone missed Vivian's post --I have the entire file saved on my computer
(mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com) .... Please do not trust my typing/spelling to
be accurate --I did a spell check but don't have a clue if these are
right...(tee-hee).

I copied this from Word so it may have strange characters....I noticed that
happens sometimes.

Judy

---