Two search engines for you to try

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 19:02:35 PDT

Here are two "new to me" search engines:

http://www.alltheweb.com/
This one is really fast! and gives you options on how to search (all of the
words--some of the words -- exact words). This may replace Google for
me....verdict is still out...but it sure is fast!

http://vivisimo.com/ ....Just try it one time....(note the URL's appear at
the bottom of the page in a small window). This search engine may replace
Ixquick for me as my first stop.

It's funny how I found these.....I was trying a search engine Woody
recommended in 1999 Getty post....(from an post he made on "collaboration in
art")...found these two from a school site that was linked to a page I found
using Profusion
http://profusion.com/ (I did a search for "images in public domain" using
Profusion....and found more quality sites than I found using IxQuick or
Google)...Never did finish checking the Profusion links.....Maybe some other
time...

No search engine finds every thing that is "out there"....I try to use the
ones that give me the most quality sites the fastest (Profusion was slower).

This is the page where I found the "new" search engines:
http://mciu.org/~spjvweb/searchtipmaster.html
I'm sure there are many other pages out there that have all of them listed,
too. This one is from a high school library.

Judy

---