Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Peace theme

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 15:41:05 PDT

My Fulbright proposal is to link with a classroom in
Japan and to do collaborative or response art pieces with
themes of peace and harmony. I hope to have the kids
explore peace symbols and ideology, as well as culture
and technology.

I thought these sites might be helpful to you:

Music and Peace Projects

Culture of Peace Projects in the World

Education for a culture of peace

Other Peace Project

School for Peace

Art and Activism

Sadako wrote of her cranes:
        ' I will write Peace on your wings
        and you will fly all over the world.'

International Association of Educators for World Peace

Symbols to Promote Peace Between Countries

Peace Symbols - Peace is in My Hands

Peace Signs

Providing the opportunity for children to educate people
everywhere about diverse cultures, promoting tolerance,
understanding, friendships, and peace, both locally and

Peace Symbols Gallery
A Global Project

The World Peace Memorial

Let me know how your project planning goes!