Re: Peace theme

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 15:41:05 PDT

Mary,
My Fulbright proposal is to link with a classroom in
Japan and to do collaborative or response art pieces with
themes of peace and harmony. I hope to have the kids
explore peace symbols and ideology, as well as culture
and technology.

I thought these sites might be helpful to you:

Music and Peace Projects
http://www.unesco.org/imc/mupprojlist.html

Culture of Peace Projects in the World
http://www.unesco.org/cpp/uk/projects/

Education for a culture of peace
http://www.unesco.org/education/ecp/index.htm

http://www.radiantpeace.org/projects.htm

THE PEACE PROJECTS
http://projects.peace.net/frame.htm

Other Peace Project
http://www.peaceproject2001.org/wsn0D8A.html

http://www.elca.org/dhes/schools/peace/miami.html

School for Peace
http://nswas.com/sfp/uni_projects0100.htm

Art and Activism
http://www.homestead.com/newroutines/earthpeace.html

THOUSAND CRANES PEACE NETWORK
Sadako wrote of her cranes:
        ' I will write Peace on your wings
        and you will fly all over the world.'
http://rosella.apana.org.au/~mlb/cranes/peaceprk.htm
http://rosella.apana.org.au/~mlb/cranes/symbols.htm

International Association of Educators for World Peace
http://www.earthportals.com/Portal_Messenger/mercieca.html

Symbols to Promote Peace Between Countries
http://www.sacredpath.org/html/reiki/hedelman/david.htm

Peace Symbols - Peace is in My Hands
http://www.salsa.net/peace/teach/teach6.html

Peace Signs
http://abcme.com/peacesigncollection/peacesigncoll.html

Providing the opportunity for children to educate people
everywhere about diverse cultures, promoting tolerance,
understanding, friendships, and peace, both locally and
globally.
http://www.loveandpeacemission2000.com/index.html

Peace Symbols Gallery
A Global Project
http://www.ncsu.edu/midlink/dec00/ps.invite.htm
http://www.exploris.org/learn/activities/minix/

The World Peace Memorial
http://www.tdrinc.com/peace.html

Let me know how your project planning goes!
~^~
 *
Vivian