Re: Help-lost the interview questions!

---------

From: The Whites (bolide_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 15:31:24 PDT

Some one sent these a while ago.
Here is a list of interview questions that I was given. I hope these are
helpful.
. What are some of the knowledge and skills that an art teacher needs in
order to be effective in the classroom?
. What qualities do you bring to this position that would benefit students?
. Why do you want this position?
. Tell how you would communicate with your parents. Give examples of ways
that you would involve them in their child's learning.
. Describe your style in handling discipline problems with students.
. What projects and art show have you been involved with in teaching art?
. Give a brief summary of your experience with or knowledge of:
    Computer education and how you utilize it in the classroom.
    What projects will you utilize with students in developing the students'
skills?
. Have you used thematic units in teaching? Is so, describe what they were
and how you were involved in the development of these units?
. Describe your philosophy of teaching art.
. Describe your assessment philosophy.
. What questions do you have for us?

    I researched the school's rating and community. I also brought a
portfolio of student work and lesson plans. I got the job!