Re: Is it illegal for students to grade other students' papers?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 14:41:24 PDT

Welcome back Woody
How was New Mexico? Paint a lot I hope.

I came across an article today about districts investing in software that
allows parents to view grades, progress reports, teacher's comments on line.
Since nothing on the internet is "safe." I wonder about the legality of
this.

SCHOOLS FIND WEB MAKES THE GRADE
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-6341809.html?tag=mn_hd

Your time away went too fast, no Woody?

Patty

> It's a new legal ruling in Kansas. Can't let students know other
> students grades on a paper either. It's getting very weird out here.
> Woody in KC

---