Re: supply person ideas

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 12:49:38 PDT

Mary H. wrote (snippet)
 I have basically discarded all the "reward" systems I used
> to use, and focus on the fact that this is our art studio, we need to
> treat each other respectfully, work together cooperatively, etc. etc.

I teach grades k-5, and this is my philosophy also. This has always been my
philosophy, but over the (10) years I have tried different reward systems
like art parties, art choice day, cd rewards (they bring in favorites), but
these rewards seem to be more of a distraction to the students, and an
accounting nightmare (with 35 different classes a week) for me. I now tell
my students that their rewards for good behavior include more freedom to
create within a comfortable, happy, positive, classroom environment.
Consequences for poor behavior include a more restrictive classroom
environment.

Leah

---