Re: stencil question

---------

From: wendy sauls (wsauls_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 10:42:02 PDT

i've had this quandary before, too -

some suggestions:

- call around to some paint/home decorating shops and try to find out how
much THEY charge (you will probably be amazed!)

- after you've figured out the time, cost of materials, etc. like others
have said, DOUBLE it. remember, you can always negotiate and come down on
your price but you can never go up!

i'm not at all trying to say you should take anyone to the cleaners or rip
them off, but in my experience we often undervalue ourselves tremendously.
i did some decorative painting for a student's mom and charged $100; as i
was working she told me how lucky she was to be getting such a deal - the
last person, someone she'd hired through an interior design studio, who did
a lot less than what i did, she paid $300! "gulp!" i said! a good lesson,
tho -

hope this is helpful!

:) wendy