Art as Collaboration - Links available

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 09:46:04 PDT

I just received this in a letter from the director of the Arts Symposium I
attended last week:

"I learned that teaching is an eclectic process. It needs to move in and out
of the select discipline in an organic fashion constantly informing,
increasing breadth and depth to impact student learning" ~ Mike (I won't use
his full name)

Ditto what he said....I am not as good with words....His leadership is why I
want to be teaching in the city schools at some point in my life....Right
now I am happy staying where I am...I have a great room.....lots of
supplies....an ample budget....plenty of visual resources.....just not a
"collaborative" staff to work with (can't have every thing....so I will just
collaborate with you folks and do my own "secret" collaboration with staff
members in my building--.many have asked me off list how I do my
interdisciplinary units....smile)

I did a quickie search for Vivian (it was fun)....if any one else needs the
links let me know.

Judith

---