Re: Purple house

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 06:50:04 PDT

I painted my mother's house purple. Seriously. Dusty violet siding (I prefer
the color name violet), cream colored windows and doors, with dark eggplant
purple gingerbread and highlights. It actually looks warm and inviting...not
'Peter Max' garish. The house is a 115+ year old carpenter gothic style
house in a Methodist summer meeting camp here. There are about 50 other
houses similar to it in the community, all nestled together under a grove of
tall white pines, arranged in a circle around the meeting house. Each house
has its own signature style of gingerbread trim, and many have creative
color schemes. There are no other purple ones. My mother's house is also the
only one that has a tower.

Mark